Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hòla!


Well, I´ve got my first taste. After months of (sort of) preparation, and what seems like an equal amount of time flying, I´m in Sevilla. I haven´t gotten to see much yet, but as I crossed the bridge from my host´s home in Triana to the school I found the view to be pretty impressive. Hopefully I´ll put some pictures up before long and you can see.
I´m way tired--trying to stave off sleep until tonight to avoid jet-lag. In fact, I was listening to one of the teachers at the school play flamenco music on the guitar about an hour ago and it was incredible--but I kept nodding off anyway.
My host mom´s name is Margarita (easy to remember) and she doesn´t speak a lick of English. It´ll be nice to get to the point where I can listen without being unsure of what she´s saying. I´m living there with two other guys, which will be nice--some people to speak English with. The picture is of my closet where I´ve arranged all my earthly posessions for the next 4 months--it´s sort of cozy. Sorry the picture is on its side--all of the menu options are in Spanish and I don´t speak that yet.
Anyway, it´s 7PM--which means 2 more hours until dinner and I still want to do some exploring, so I´m going to end this.

No comments: