Monday, September 3, 2007

Escuela comienza



So, it was tough coming here (as opposed to Dordt), but when I was telling myself "it can only improve," I wasn't lying--God is good. The weekend was great--Saturday at the beach and Sunday at church and at home. It was awesome to get out of the heat at the beach, even if it was the Atlantic. It was a really nice beach with just a few minor differences--like the fact that it's completely ok to be topless. Just when I thought Spain couldn't get any more foreign to me....

Classes started today and I don't know when the last time was that I enjoyed school so much (sorry to any profs who are reading this). There're about ocho of us in the beginner class (which isn't exactly for beginners, as it is conducted almost entirely in Spanish) and I think we're going to have a good time together--no taking ourselves too seriously like the advanced students.

The schedule's pretty nice too--8-1:30 with a half hour break in the middle. We get done in time for lunch and siesta and get an open afternoon (sans homework) until dinner around 9. Bedtime, at the earliest, is midnight--so we get to have some night-life as well--especially on the weekends when everybody's up until at least 2AM.

4 comments:

Elijah Palmer said...

good to see your working your skills with the ladies even overseas. where's your beloved beard??

Sarah said...

so I see...life must have gotten better with all those women around you.

No really, I'm glad it's going better...

Michelle said...

Good to see you're able to spend some quality time at the beach--it looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see more pictures of it.

Are you amazed that I'm leaving you a comment on your blog? You should be. =)

Joel said...

I miss you Dave. Life around Dordt is not quite as entertaining without you...Especially in classes. Big pimpin I see. I believe it's that gentle sweet side of your's coming through. Hasta hombre!