Monday, September 24, 2007

Semana Cuatro






Things have been relatively quiet lately. As quiet as things get when you´re in another country and barely understand anybody around you, that is. I just finished my second test today and decided I was getting some good internet time as a reward. It wasn´t too terribly tough, so I´m pretty happy--it´s a little weird that I´ve basically finished my first class, it certainly doesn´t feel like four credits worth. I gave a presentation in class last week on my Sophomore year at Dordt and the guys on my wing--only a five minute presentation (in Spanish), so it hasn´t been bad at all.
This weekend was an adventure. I went with four other guys and drove to "El Bosque" to do some hiking. The original plan was to hike in, stay at a hostel, and hike out the next day. However, the trail we took was closed due to fire damage and the ranger that caught us wasn´t too keen on the idea of us pressing on. So we went back to the trailhead and drove to our destination, Grazilema. It´s what they call a "Pueblo blanco" because every building is painted white with red tile rooftops. The streets were tiny and winding--obviously build without cars in mind, and it was nestled in some beautiful mountains. The hostel was full, so we spent the afternoon wandering around and had a nice dinner before driving home again.
I´m still hoping to do some traveling, I just don´t know where yet. I´m hoping to convince my brother to fly out in October and travel with me for a week, but who knows? This weekend I´m working on plans to see the beaches in Portugal, so I should have some really sweet pictures up then.

1 comment:

JaneElaine said...

Hola David!
?Como estas? Me gusta mucho leer tu "blog". Yo quiero ir a Espana tambien. ?Estas aprendiendo mucho Espanol? ?Sus clases son de Espanol solamente o hay otras clases? Julia esta dormiendo en este momento. Tenga un buen dia mi primo y amigo.
Juana